WELCOME TO CASPER BEAR @ HOME BLOG

Welcome to my blog....This is where I will be posting about all the things that go on in my doggy world, The World Of Lil Ole' Me "Casper Bear" @ Home. I will be sharing photos, information and anything else I find fun and interesting. Remember, I am a DOG!! Take a look at all my pages - links in the sidebar. If you like my doggy blog, please leave a comment or become a follower.

Licks & Slobbers

Casper Bear

Caspers' Furriends

Saturday 9 October 2010

Hydrotherapy



Mum has booked me in for Hydrotherapy sessions, twice a week for my hip dysplasia. She looked at getting a hot tub because now we're into October the weather will start to get very cold soon here in the UK, so swimming in the sea, pond or the lake might be a bit toooo cold for my hips. Nothing seems big enough though, so, we found a hydrotherapy pool only about 20 minutes from us and I am booked in for two sessions a week for the next six months. I love swimming so hydrotherapy sounds FUN!! Dogs get a great workout in the water as most of the muscles usually used in movement are involved when swimming and the buoyancy of the water helps avoid the pressures of normal weight bearing on the limbs and jointsI get to go on a treadmill too, with a hoist, so that my hips don't bear the weight. I also get a shower every time too.
That's not me in the picture above, it's just one from the internet at the place that I will be going to. I will get Mum to take photos of me in the pool and on the treadmill (if allowed) so you can see how I'm getting on.
I've been a bit like an OLD MAN the last few days after having the manipulation the other day.  Finding it painful to walk at the moment. Had to have painkiller this morning. I just can't have the exercise that I'm used to at the moment so I'm stiffening up a bit on the hips, but hopefully when I start the hydrotherapy this week things will start to improve.

Catch you later.

Licks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof Woof!! Thank You For Leaving A Comment!!
Licks and Slobbers
Casper Bear