WELCOME TO CASPER BEAR @ HOME BLOG

Welcome to my blog....This is where I will be posting about all the things that go on in my doggy world, The World Of Lil Ole' Me "Casper Bear" @ Home. I will be sharing photos, information and anything else I find fun and interesting. Remember, I am a DOG!! Take a look at all my pages - links in the sidebar. If you like my doggy blog, please leave a comment or become a follower.

Licks & Slobbers

Casper Bear

Caspers' Furriends

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Luxating Patella

Hi there Guys!

You know I have been limping recently, well, I had a trip to my vets and he has diagnosed me with a "Luxating Patella". (The patella, or knee cap, should be located in the centre of the knee joint. The term "luxating" means out of place or dislocated. Therefore, a luxating patella is a knee cap that moves out of its normal location.)
I have an appointment in Bristol on Monday 23rd May with my Orthopaedic Surgeon
 at 9am for him to examine me and decide what to do. My Vet thinks it will require surgery as it is quite bad and in both knees.


I have just come back from hydrotherapy which I am continuing with. I am now on the tread mill also to help with my knees. One good thing though is that my vet has examined my hips and said that there has been a great improvement. We are now hoping that a complete hip replacement will not be necessary if things keep going as they are. We are postponing a re-examination of my hips with my Orthopaedic Surgeon which was to be when I reached 18 months now untill I am 2 years old, just to give me more time to develop and strengthen the bones and muscles.
I will let you know what happens next Monday with regard to my new knee problem.
See ya all soon!
Lotsa licks


13 comments:

  1. Hi Casper, Bert Here.
    So glad you stopped by last night. I am glad to meet you. It sounds like you are having to work harder than most on this growing up stuff, but I can tell that your humans love you tons so they will do anything they need to to get you there.

    Take good care of that knee. I'll be thinking of you all week and hoping for the best.

    The up side is that you get to build a good relationship with your vet. I love my vet. He takes really good care of me and beleive me, i have to see him often. I am kind of a clutz.

    Well, I'll watch for your up date.

    Be good
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your knee cap problem and hope the surgery is unnecessary. Please keep us informed. However, we are also happy to hear that your hip has been improved a lot, that is a good sign. Swimming is a good form of exercise and we see it with our eyes on the progress of our Mika. Keep the swimming, it definitely helps strengthen your muscles.
    We pray that your vet visit goes well and we will be thinking of you that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am sorry to hear that your knee is hurting and I will be purring and purring that all goes well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your knee problem. We'll keep our paws crossed for you that everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling very well. We hope that your trip to the vet is a good one and that they are able to help you fell better!

    Nicole and Macho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope all goes well for you....you will be in our thoughts and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Casper Bear! Thanks for your comments! Will visit often! Sending you sniffs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Casper Bear, my dad said that my "Uncle Max" had that but unfortunately due to a number of factors he wasn't a candidate for surgery. Uncle Max also had some arthritis. So my dad and mom took him on alternate weekends to acupuncture and hydrotherapy for 2-1/2 years before he passed away due to old age. But my dad was really surprised that these treatments worked. I'm hopeful that your surgeon will have a good assessment for you about your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Casper that is too bad about your knee but great news about your hips!

    You keep up the swimming and your hips will be real strong!

    woo woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great news to hear about your hips, Casper Bear. Our paws are crossed that you can avoid surgery.

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ya Casper Bear,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so sorry to hear about your joints... you sound like my mama. She has hip and knee problems too.
    Keep thinking positive thoughts and doing your therapy! We are rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sooooo much my friends! You are soooo kind and thoughtful! Love ya all
    Lotsa Licks
    Casper Bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Casper!
    Keep staying cheerful as it would give you all the strength needed to go through every situation. We are cheering you on :)
    Oh..i work on the treadmill too just like you. LOL

    Love ya,
    Jon Terry

    ReplyDelete

Woof Woof!! Thank You For Leaving A Comment!!
Licks and Slobbers
Casper Bear